Houston is a bustling metroplex; we are well known for our restaurants and fine dining. Katy is no different. As a suburb of the largest city in Texas we have plenty of dining options as well. Sure there are a lot of chains here, but some of the best food you’ll find comes from locally owned businesses that put their heart and soul into their menus and dining experiences.
1. Victors: Casa Garcia: Victor’s is a Katy staple. owned and operated by Victor Garcia this tex-mex Katy favorite is sure to please the whole family. The Katy location has a great playground for the little ones and strong margaritas for mom and dad. Try the shrimp tacos, they’re some of the best in town. If you’re in Fulshear and don’t want to make the drive to North Fry Victor’s son, Juan, has opened up a sister location in Fulshear.
2. Antonia’s: If you’re looking for some amazing homestyle Itlaian food look no further than Antonia’s by Katy Mills Mall. The food is amazing, the wine selection is impressive, and the service is unparalleled. The small intimate atmosphere is great for date night, but the bright windows ad relaxed setting is perfect for a mid week lunch as well.
3. Los Cucos: You want to talk about a Katy staple? The original Los Cucos in Old Katy has been a favorite in Katy for generations. Now this legendary restaurant has many locations in and around Katy. Don’t miss this amazing Tex Mex next time you have a craving for tacos.
4. Good Ole Boys: For some authentic southern cooking this small locally owned Cajun joint is worth the drive just outside of Katy. Some say this is the best crawfish outside of Louisiana. When it’s not crawfish season be sure to swing by for an old fashioned fish fry and live music.
5. Three Olives: For great Italian right in Cinco Ranch. Just walking in you can smell the delicious sauces. With filling food at a decent price and brunch on the weekends you can’t go wrong with Three Olives.