Staging your home for sale is the most important aspect of selling your home besides hiring a licensed Realtor. Potential home buyers need to feel welcomed in the home. They need to be able to envision living in the house. There are many tips for home www. Decluttering is a great first step. You want the home to be neutral in taste. Taking down family photos and religious items is a great way for the home to appear neutral to all kinds of people.
The number one rule of home staging isn’t removing clutter or family pictures. The most important thing is that the house SMELLS good. Stench is the number one reason why potential home buyers turn away from a sale. At the See Tim Sell Realty office we have a saying “If it STANKS, buyers say no THANKS”. It’s as true as it is catchy. You may have gone nose blind to the smell of the kitty litter, or your teenage son’s room that smells faintly of gym socks, but trust that home buyers notice it as soon as the walk in.
Here are some pro tips on how to make your home smell great when it’s ready for sale:
Home Staging: Ditch the Stink
- Febreze: This is a go to in any home. Febreze has amazing scents that can really help freshen your home. When selling you’ll probably use a lot of Febreze. This can be rough on the wallet.
- Here’s a quick homemade DIY febreze recipe:
- 1/8 cup of fabric softener; 1 tablespoon of Baking Soda; water; old febreze bottle
- Mix all ingredients in the old febreze bottle or any bottle with a spray handle,, fill the rest with HOT water
- Shake vigorously and you’re ready to go
- Simmering Fragrance Pot: these are a great way to make your home smell amazing without breaking the bank. Simply toss some of your favorite smelling ingredients in a pot with some water. For example: Five orange slices, three cinnamon sticks, and a teaspoon of fresh cloves. Simmer in water for an hour. Your home will smell delicious!
- Fresh Paint: This tip may be a little more costly than the others, but it is sure to make your home a little fresher. A fresh coat of paint can be the best thing to help stage your home. It knocks out two problems at once: you want neutrally painted walls and a fresh smelling home.
- Scented Candles: Candles are a no brainer when it comes to making your home smell great. Just be careful to not purchase an extremely scented candle. You want your home to smell good, but not be too overpowering.
- Bake some fresh cookies: Like fresh paint, this tip is a double. The smell of fresh cookies is the most inviting scent. It smells like home. Plus you now have some free treats for potential home buyers when they visit your home.
For more pro tips like these please follow our blog and like us on Facebook. If you are planning on selling your home and would like a professional opinion on home staging contact See Tim Sell Realty today! 1-855-331-SELL